Roll ins & transfers

A transfer amount is all or part of another superannuation benefit you have outside MilitarySuper which you choose to roll into MilitarySuper.

arrow icon Visit the ATO website for ways to check and manage your super

You can transfer other super amounts from:

  • another regulated superannuation fund
  • an Approved Deposit Fund
  • a Retirement Savings Account
  • the SHA Special Account (previously known as the Superannuation Holding Account Reserve – SHAR).

On receiving your transfer amount, MilitarySuper must deduct 15% tax on any untaxed portion. Amounts transferred into MilitarySuper from other superannuation funds will not count under your super contribution limits but if your amount is over $1 million, your transferring fund will withhold tax at the top marginal tax rate.

You generally cannot withdraw your benefit until you reach your preservation age and permanently retire from the workforce. Keep in mind, this may not be the same date you claim your MilitarySuper benefit.

Am I eligible?

You must be a contributing member; preserved members are not eligible.

How do I arrange my transfer amount?

  1. Contact your other superannuation fund (your transferring fund) and complete its required paperwork, requesting for your benefit to be transferred to MilitarySuper. Ensure the cheque is made payable to MilitarySuper.
  2. Please complete and return to MilitarySuper our Application to pay in a transfer amount form [PDF 820 KB]

Need help? Please contact us in business hours.

How do I find out more?

Read our Transfer amounts factsheet [PDF 310 KB].

Please also read the Product Disclosure Statement.